In some situations, you may want to move a Thawte Code Signing for Microsoft Authenticode (Multi-Purpose) or Thawte Code Signing for Microsoft Office and VBA. For example:
You are moving the certificate to a new computer. In this case, you export the ID from the current computer and import it into the new computer.
You are creating a backup copy of your Thawte Code Signing for Microsoft Authenticode (Multi-Purpose) or Thawte Code Signing for Microsoft Office and VBA from your local machine (in case anything happens to the computer). Thawte strongly recommends that you create and securely store a backup copy.
To export a Thawte Code Signing for Microsoft Authenticode (Multi-Purpose) or Thawte Code Signing for Microsoft Office and VBA in .PFX format from Internet Explorer, perform the following steps:
- From the menu bar, click Tools > Internet Options > Content tab > Certificates.
- In the Personal tab, select the certificate you wish to export. Click Export.
- The Certificate Export Wizard will open, click Next > Select Yes, Export the Private Key > Click Next
- Manually check the option box "Include all certificates in the certification path if possible" > Click Next
- Enter the password to protect the certificate and private key being exported. Enter this password again to confirm then click Next
- Click Browse to the directory where you wish to store the file and select a file name
- Click Save > Next > Finish
2. Click Tools > Internet Options > Content tab > Certificates > Import. The Certificate Wizard opens.
3. Browse to the certificate you want to import
4. Click Next
5. Enter the password that was created during certificate export
6. Click the checkbox Mark the key as exportable
7. Select the option to Automatically select the certificate store based on the type of certificate
8. Click Finish.
Thawte has made efforts to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the information in this document. However, Thawte makes no warranties of any kind (whether express, implied or statutory) with respect to the information contained herein. Thawte assumes no liability to any party for any loss or damage (whether direct or indirect) caused by any errors, omissions, or statements of any kind contained in this document. Further, Thawte assumes no liability arising from the application or use of the product or service described herein and specifically disclaims any representation that the products or services described herein do not infringe upon any existing or future intellectual property rights. Nothing herein grants the reader any license to make, use, or sell equipment or products constructed in accordance with this document. Finally, all rights and privileges related to any intellectual property right described herein are vested in the patent, trademark, or service mark owner, and no other person may exercise such rights without express permission, authority, or license secured from the patent, trademark, or service mark owner. Thawte reserves the right to make changes to any information herein without further notice.