Follow these instructions to Export a certificate and private key from Microsoft IIS 7
1. Start > Run
2. Type in MMC and click OK
3. Go into the File Tab > select Add/Remove Snap-in
4. Click on Certificates and click on Add
5. Select Computer Account > Click Next
6. Select Local Computer > Click Finish
7. Click OK to close the Add/Remove Snap-in window.
8. Double click on Certificates (Local Computer) in the center window.
9. Double click on the Personal folder, and then on Certificates.
10. Right Click on the Certificate you would like to backup and choose > ALL TASKS > Export
11. Follow the Certificate Export Wizard to backup your certificate to a .pfx file.
12. Choose to 'Yes, export the private key'
13. Choose to "Include all certificates in certificate path if possible." (do NOT select the delete Private Key option)
14. Enter a password you will remember
15. Choose to save file on a set location
16. Click Finish
17. You will receive a message > "The export was successful." > Click OK
18. The .pfx file backup is now saved in the location you selected.
Thawte has made efforts to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the information in this document. However, Thawte makes no warranties of any kind (whether express, implied or statutory) with respect to the information contained herein. Thawte assumes no liability to any party for any loss or damage (whether direct or indirect) caused by any errors, omissions, or statements of any kind contained in this document. Further, Thawte assumes no liability arising from the application or use of the product or service described herein and specifically disclaims any representation that the products or services described herein do not infringe upon any existing or future intellectual property rights. Nothing herein grants the reader any license to make, use, or sell equipment or products constructed in accordance with this document. Finally, all rights and privileges related to any intellectual property right described herein are vested in the patent, trademark, or service mark owner, and no other person may exercise such rights without express permission, authority, or license secured from the patent, trademark, or service mark owner. Thawte reserves the right to make changes to any information herein without further notice.